Invent Collaborative Machine Learning
Comet is doing for Machine Learning what GitHub did for software. We allow data science teams to automagically track their datasets, code changes, experimentation history and production models creating efficiency, transparency, and reproducibility. Ever wondered how Linus felt when he invented GIT? How about the brains behind JIRA? Machine Learning teams operate like software teams 15 years ago and we started Comet.ml to write the rules of ML workflows and teams.
You’re welcome here
Working in a fast dynamic startup is challenging and lots of fun. We are looking for people who want to make an impact with their roles and decisions. If you are excited about pushing code that will change the way data scientists work all over the world, this is the right place for you. Comet.ml is backed by major VCs and we’re looking to expand our team in our NYC SoHo office.
Comet.ml is an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, genetic information/characteristics and any other characteristic protected by State or Federal law.
As an Enterprise Account Executive working out of our New York office or remotely, you will manage the sales processes for a variety of different prospects. You will drive Comet’s future growth by building relationships with prospective clients and turning them into happy Comet users. You are an adept salesperson, capable of engaging in both technical and business conversations at multiple levels of the organization, including CTO, VP of AI, Managers of AI, and all types of Data Scientist. You enjoy bringing your product and technical knowledge to bear when articulating our business proposition, and your analytical nature means you bias towards winning business by showing how a client’s business model benefits from partnering with Comet. You thrive in an extremely fast-paced environment, enjoy collaborating with similarly driven colleagues to make the company a success, and are always looking for opportunities to add value and level up the business.
You will be the quarterback with our prospective clients during the sales and customer expansion process. You should be comfortable following a methodical sales process while being able to problem-solve with ease by thinking on your feet. Always curious to learn and improve the process, team, and, product comfortable consolidating insights and turning them into concise feedback.
- Build the foundation for sales in a fast-growing startup
- Join the founding team and learn about a variety of areas in our go-to-market
- Solely own the full sales cycle—from prospect, to pilots, to negotiations and deal execution—for small-business, mid-market, and enterprise companies with deal sizes exceeding well over six-figures, sometimes seven figures
- Partner with Customer Facing Data Science teams to ensure the pilot process is followed precisely
- Partner with leadership to help develop and execute on new verticals and new use cases
- Lead and contribute to team projects to develop and refine our sales process
Ideally, you’ll have:
- Ability to operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- 5+ experience in sales, preferably at an API or enterprise software company
- 3+ years closing annual contracts of at least $50k/year, and handling yearly quotas of $1mm+
- Strong technical background, ideally as a sales engineer or some technical educational program
- Ability to understand the Comet.ml and build great relationships with highly technical customers
- Ability to identify high-probability customers and high-value verticals to go after
- Prior experience at a fast-paced startup and able to work well in unstructured environments
- Proven negotiation and closing skills
Nice to haves:
- A technical background or formal data science training
- Prior experience selling to data science teams
This role will be fully remote or based in New York City. Also, you will be working with a global team (large presence in Tel Aviv and Europe) – so some flexibility with work hours is required.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume to email@example.com, use the subject Enterprise Account Executive.